Nigerian newspaper headlines and Naija news today, sunday 15th August 2022, can be accessed below.
Newstrend.com.ng has compiled top Naija news headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top Nigerian newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Nigerian Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Thieves, for the second time this year, allegedly broke into the Katsina State government house and stole N31 million. The robbery incident according to a credible source occured on Sunday, 31 July, 2022, when unknown persons broke into the office of the Financial Controller of the Government House and took the money contained in a sack.
2. President Muhammadu Buhari, on Thursday, received the new President of the ECOWAS Commission and his Management Team, telling them the kind of sub-regional body West African leaders desire and must have. The President told Dr Omar Alieu Touray, the new President and the delegation at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, not to disappoint African leaders.
3. The Lagos State Government, yesterday, banned the operations of its enforcement team tagged, Ministry of Transportation, M.O.T Taskforce. The newly appointed Special Adviser to the Governor Bababjide Sanwo-Olu on Transportation, Sola Giwa, announced this yesterday.
4. President Muhammadu Buhari has said about 31 victims abducted from a Kaduna-bound train in March are still in captivity. The President said this when he met with representatives of the victims at the presidential villa in Abuja, on Thursday.
5. President of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, Professor Victor Osodeke, yesterday, disclosed that many lecturers in Nigerian Universities have left the country to pursue their careers abroad as the Federal Government failed to resolve the lingering crisis in the education sector.
6. The Federal Government has commenced discussions with the Nigerian Association of Resident Doctors, NARD, over the demands of the doctors. The Publicity Secretary of NARD, Dr. Yusuf Alfa, disclosed this in an interview, yesterday.
7. Terrorists are consolidating their grip on communities in Kaduna with a parallel government and permanent operational base, according to Governor Nasir El-Rufai in a memo to President Muhammadu Buhari. El-Rufai in the memo, warned the President of the terrorists’ consolidation in a late July memo, according to an online platform.
8. Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State, yesterday, insisted that for peace to reign, the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Senator Iyorchia Ayu must resign from office. This was Wike’s condition for peace when Adamawa State governor, Umaru Fintiri, visited him in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, yesterday.
9. The Presidential candidate of the Labour Party, LP, Mr. Peter Obi has reiterated his commitment to building a productive nation anchored on youths’ development, saying that their youthful energy, skills and potentials were critical ingredients needed to move the nation from consumption to production.
10. Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has sued the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar; the Sokoto State Governor, Aminu Tambuwal; and the PDP over the conduct of the presidential primary of the party that was held in Abuja on May 28 and May 29, 2022.