Nigerian Newspaper Reviews and Naija news today, friday 9th September 2022, can be accessed below.
Newstrend.ng has compiled top Naija news Reviews from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top Nigerian newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Nigerian Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Following the death of Queen Elizabeth II, the longest-serving monarch in British history, her eldest son, Charles, yesterday emerged as King of England. Queen Elizabeth, an icon recognisable to billions of people around the world, died on Thursday.
2. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) National Executive Committee (NEC) on Thursday, passed a vote of confidence in the party’s National Chairman, Senator Iyorchia Ayu. This is coming as the Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike insisted that the chairman must resign to end the lingering crisis rocking the party.
3. The Sokoto State Governor, Aminu Tambuwal, has resigned his position as the Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Governors Forum. The former presidential aspirant tendered his resignation on Thursday at the ongoing PDP National Executive Council meeting in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
4. The Department of State Services (DSS) yesterday, recovered incriminating materials in the residence of Tukur Mamu. Mamu, who is the negotiator between the Nigerian government and terrorists that abducted Abuja-Kaduna train passengers on March 28, is currently in the custody of the service.
5. Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has said that the time of reckoning is coming for those who continue to insist that they can hijack the national leadership in the Peoples Democratic Party. The governor maintained that nobody can silence him from speaking against such injustice and demanding that the right thing be done.
6. A Nigerian man, Jeffery Oviasogie, resident in Aberdeen, Scotland, who raped a woman has been sentenced to four years and eight months by a High Court in Glasgow. Oviasogie pleaded guilty to raping a 29-year-old woman in Bon Accord Terrace Gardens early on September 26, 2021.
7. No fewer than seven persons were feared dead when an uncompleted four-storey hotel building collapsed in Ibadan, yesterday. It was gathered that the collapsed hotel building is adjacent to one of the new generation banks at Awosika, Bodija area of Ibadan.
8. President Muhammadu Buhari has vowed that the armed forces would continue to sustain their operational tempo to contain the security challenges in the country. Buhari, who spoke at the opening of the 12th Nigerian Navy games in Lagos, yesterday, said plans were on to ensure that security agencies put appropriate measures in place to secure the country despite the challenges.
9. The Federal Government has spent the sum of N21billion on the mapping of the country into enumeration areas ahead of the 2023 census. Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, stated this at a breakfast meeting with partners on the 2023 population and housing census, yesterday, in Abuja.
10. The Anambra State Aids Control Agency has revealed that the State is the fifth highest in Nigeria in terms of HIV transmission among people between 15 to 49 years. The Executive Director of the agency, Mr Johnbosco Ementa, stated this during a two-day stakeholders’ meeting organised by the body in Awka, on Thursday.