Nigerian Newspaper Reviews and Naija news today, sunday 11th September 2022, can be accessed below… Read full article
Newstrend.ng has compiled top Naija news Reviews from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top Nigerian newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page… Continue Reading
Below are the Nigerian Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Kaduna-based Islamic scholar, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, has called on the Department of State Services (DSS) to either release Tukur Mamu the detained terrorist negotiator or charge him to court. Citing the law, Gumi said anybody arrested over an alleged crime needs to be taken to court within 24 hours.
2. There is apprehension in Owerri metropolis over the abduction of a prominent traditional ruler in Imo State, Eze Jewel Ndenkwo. He was said to have been kidnapped in front of one of his companies in Owerri, around 7pm on Friday.
3. The Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NiDCOM) says a 28-year-old Nigerian student has been reported missing in Northern Cyprus since August 2. The commission said this in a statement issued in Abuja by its Head of Media, Public Relations and Protocol, Mr Abdur-Rahman Balogun.
4. President Muhammadu Buhari, on Saturday, said the United Kingdom under the late Queen Elizabeth stood by Nigeria during torrid times. He said the UK during the Civil War between 1967 and 1970 supported the unity of Nigeria, adding that the Queen visited the country twice before her demise.
5. The Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, yesterday declared a sit-at-home across the Southeast on Tuesday next week. IPOB tagged the sit-at-home, a day of civil action across the Southeast.
6. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Osun has alleged that the All Progressives Congress (APC) has launched a statewide insurgency agenda and fictional security report to create false security alarms in the state. The party chairman, Akindele Adekunle, made the claims in a statement he signed on Saturday in Osogbo.
7. A former senator and chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party in Yobe State, Adamu Garba Talba, has dumped the party and joined the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC). A statement on Saturday signed by Governor Buni’s Spokesman, Mamman Mohammed, indicated that Senator Talba said he moved to the APC to identify with the giant strides of the party’s administration in the state.
8. The Kaduna State Government says Troops of the Nigerian Army have gunned down several bandits at Tollgate general area of Chikun Local Government in the state. The Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Mr Samuel Aruwan, confirmed the development in a statement on Saturday in Kaduna.
9. The Ilorin Zonal Command of the Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested a 29-year-old Chinese, Gang Deng, for alleged illegal mining in Ilorin. A statement by the Head of Media and Publicity of the Commission, Wilson Uwujaren said Deng was arrested on Friday and found to be in possession of crude minerals without authority.
10. Atiku Abubakar Presidential Campaign Organisation spokesman, Mr Charles Aniagwu, has said sacking the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Dr Iyiorcha Ayu, would plunge the main opposition party into deeper crises ahead of the 2023 general elections.