Table of Contents
Nigerian Newspaper Reviews and Naija news today, Thursday 29th September 2022, can be accessed below… Read full article
Newstrend.ng has compiled top Naija news Reviews from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top Nigerian newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page… Continue Reading
Below are the Nigerian Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. A former Governor of Edo State, Adams Oshiomhole, has admitted he does not know if the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, is in Nigeria. Oshiomhole stated this while answering questions during a TV program Wednesday night.
2. The Federal Government has declared Monday, October 3, as a public holiday to mark the nation’s 62nd Independence anniversary. Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, made the announcement in a statement issued on Wednesday in Abuja by the Permanent Secretary in the ministry, Dr Shuaib Belgore.
3. Yobe North All Progressives Congress, APC, senatorial candidate, Bashir Sheriff Machina, yesterday, hailed the Federal High Court judgment that declared him as the authentic senatorial candidate of the APC, describing it as a victory for justice. He also called on all his supporters and people of Yobe North to remain calm and law-abiding.
4. Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, yesterday, said the 2023 elections might make or break the nation. Obasanjo also told leaders of the various religions in Nigeria not to allow politicians to wreck Nigeria, saying the entire country would regret it if such is allowed.
5. Following the crisis rocking the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Governors in the camp of Rivers Governor, Nyesom Wike on Wednesday boycotted the official inauguration of the party’s Presidential Campaign Council. The Governors include Samuel Ortom of Benue State; Seyi Makinde of Oyo State; Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State; Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia State and Wike.
6. There was palpable tension in Iganna, a town in the Iwajowa Local Government Area of Oyo State, following an attack on the police station in the community. It was gathered that the attack, which happened on Tuesday night, involved some hoodlums who were stopped by a police team searching unregistered motorcycles in the State.
7. More than 20 persons were burnt to death when a petrol-laden tanker lost control and fell on a bridge at Maboro river in Ankpa Local Government Area of Kogi State on Wednesday. An eyewitness said the incident happened around 3.30pm.
8. Five soldiers and an unidentified civilian were feared dead, yesterday, at Umunze in Orumba South Local Government Area of Anambra State, when gunmen opened fire on them. The victims were in a Toyota Sienna bus when the gunmen, who hid opposite a new generation bank in the town, opened fire on them.
9. The presidential candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, yesterday, promised to provide leadership that will inspire the country to greater heights. In a statement, Tinubu also promised that he and his running mate, Senator Kashim Shetimma, will be launching Nigeria into a new era of new thinking, innovative ideas and vision.
10. The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has begun moves to recover an estimated N9.3 trillion intervention facility extended to State governments, companies and individuals as a cushion against the devastating effects of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020. The Director, Development Finance Department of CBN, Mr Yusuf Yila made the disclosure in Abuja.