Nigerian Newspaper Reviews and Naija news today, Wednesday 14th September 2022, can be accessed below… Read full article
Newstrend.ng has compiled top Naija news Reviews from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top Nigerian newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page… Continue Reading
Below are the Nigerian Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. A 24-year-old female skit maker, Annastasia Olamma, has said her family is against her decision to donate one of her kidneys to Sonia Ekweremadu, daughter of a former Deputy President of the Senate, Senator Ike Ekweremadu. Olamma had on Tuesday made the offer after Sonia announced that she needed a kidney donor.
2. Despite the unresolved issues in the party, the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) Dr. Iyorchia Ayu, has handed over to the Deputy Chairman (North) of the party, Umar Iliya Damagun. Ayu’s Special Adviser on Media and Communications, Simon Imobo-Tswam, on Tuesday evening, said the Chairman will be out of the country till the end of the month.
3. The House of Representatives ad-hoc committee on Basic Education and Services on Tuesday warned governors in the country to prioritize basic education or be ready to face the consequences. The chairman of the committee, Prof. Julius Ihonvbere, who spoke in Ilorin, said bulletproof cars won’t save the governors.
4. Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has vowed to lead Nigeria out of darkness if elected in 2023. Atiku said this while presenting his economic blueprint for Nigeria in Lagos yesterday.
5. A Federal High Court in Abuja has given the Department of State Services (DSS) the go-ahead to detain Tukur Mamu, the Kaduna train attack negotiator, for 60 more days. Nkeonye Maha, the presiding judge, issued the ruling on Tuesday in response to an ex-parte motion moved by Ahmed Magaji, counsel for the DSS.
6. Aviation unions Monday paralysed activities at the nation’s airports following simultaneous protests over an alleged move to proscribe trade union activities as contained in the newly passed Civil Aviation Act.
7. Nigerian-born American Professor, Uju Anya, has said her life has been under threat since her Thursday tweet on the late Queen Elizabeth II. Anya had on Thursday, at the news of the Queen’s ill health wrote, “I heard the chief monarch of a thieving raping genocidal empire is finally dying. May her pain be excruciating.”
8. Nigeria’s oil production plunged to 972,000 barrels per day in August 2022, as Angola and Libya overtook Nigeria by producing higher volumes of crude during the review month, the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries has said.
9. An Ikeja Special Offences Court has sentenced a domestic worker, Genesis Ezebong, his brother, Micheal and one Ikade Moses, to life imprisonment for armed robbery in the Palm Groove area of Lagos State. Justice Oluwatoyin Taiwo, who gave the verdict, found the trio guilty of the offence of conspiracy and armed robbery preferred against them by the Lagos State Government.
10. Suspected armed robbers, Monday night, invaded the parsonage of Saint Barnabas Cathedral, Anglican Communion at Sabo Oke in Ilorin, Kwara State and carted away items worth millions of naira. The victim of the attack, Reverend Isaiah Afolayan, confirmed this to journalists yesterday.